Sunday, October 3, 2010

Simple way to fight Dengue

I got this email from my colleague and it is worth trying. I recommend doing this at home and provide feedback if it will work.

I don't know where this came from but below is an exact copy of the email. Thank you to whoever made this. I haven't proven its worth but it should be worth a try.. here it goes...



Its just a mix of water, brown sugar and yeast.

  1.  Cut a plastic bottle in half, keep both parts. Can be soft drink bottle
  2. Take the lower portion of the bottle. Dissolve the brown sugar in hot water. Let it cool down to ~70 deg F.
  3. Add the yeast. Carbon dioxide will form (This will attract the mosquitoes)
  4. Cover the bottle with a dark wrap and  insert in the top portion upside down like a funnel. Place it in a corner in your house. 
  5. In 2 weeks you will be surprised by the number of mosquitoes killed.    
 

So there you go. It sounds simple and I hope through this it will help some families out there who are in danger of mosquito diseases..

No comments:

Post a Comment